Introduction

by - February 23, 2016


Welcome to the introductory post about graphic learning.
Before I start I'd like to point out that I am no expert, I just like to share what I know. Please remember that I am a novice. On this area of blog which is graphics, I will post tutorials, classes, tips, tricks etc regarding two editing software's, Gimp and Pixlr. If you are not yet aware of these two, I suggest you to google them.

Firstly, I'd like to start off by some motivation. A lot of us think graphic designing is complicated and it's hard for us to just make those incredible manipulated graphics but let me tell you, its not. All you need is a bit of a practice and wallah, magic! If I can go from zero to some level, so can you.


1. Know your tools

First task is to get to know the tools of the software you are going to be using. I know at first it seems very complicated seeing so many tools and options, it just drives you crazy isn't it? But it's all confusing from the above only, just take a closer and you'll know it's pretty simple. 

Click here to get directed towards Gimp tools
Click here to get directed towards Pixlr tools

2. Know your resources

Once you step in the world of graphic designing, you have to gather as much resources as possible. What do I mean by resources? I mean textures, images fonts, pxd, xcf files, etc. Therefore, you must go for a resource hunt. Here's a little help;

Images
Fonts
Textures
Textures 2
Stocks, Scans, Bases, PNGs
Minimalist Images
Minimalist Images 2
PNGs
Fonts, Textures, Stocks
Resources
XCF files
Gimp XCF Coloring


3. Don't be afraid to experiment

There are variety of tools in editing software and whole loads of options as well. Don't be afraid to experiment using different tools. It's not mandatory for you follow the exact tutorial, you can play with adjustments on your own.

5. Use good quality of pictures

Do NOT use pictures with low quality or a picture with it's pixels not properly adjusted. Always be careful when you re size pictures.

4. Practice

At first you might feel like you can't improve but practice will make it all easy.

That's pretty much it.
I'll be posting tutorials/lessons/you name it on wards. If you wish to follow those tutorials and show me the end product, all you have to do is use the code below in the comment section;

[img]IMAGE-URL-HERE-[/img] 

I'll be very delighted to see your results.
Share this with someone you might think will be interested in designing. Expect a blog post soon. ;)

Until then
A is signing off,
toodles!



You May Also Like

2 comments

Drop your thoughts below!